Tuesday 29 November 2011

Wedding Favours / Gifts

After making a run of Christmas Decorations recently (see my last post), I got thinking that these lovely little decorations would make beautiful Wedding Favours, Wedding Gifts or Bombonieres. During a short spell from pottery (no kiln etc), I remarried and I recall how much trouble I had to find a simple, yet personal and pretty gift to give our special friends and family to remember our day. I ended up buying little boxes, coloured paper, sugar coated almonds and made my own little boxes which although were nice, these would have been so much better. They would have looked so beautiful on the tables, placed on top of each plate/napkin and a lovely surprise and talking piece as our guests sat down at their places. They could be used to decorate in other ways too, so the possibilities are endless.

The templates for these shapes I make myself from an original drawing. I stamp each one with clay stamps that I have made myself, I use glazes that I have formulated myself, so each one of these little treasures is a little differant and very unique.

I am quite excited, as I have heaps of other ideas too, which means more glaze testing, drawing and playing with clay. More time out in the studio. How wonderful.



Butterfly Heart Wedding Favour

White Floral Wedding Favour

Raspberry Red Heart Wedding Favour







Various Birds & Peace Dove Wedding Favours

No comments:

Post a Comment